Everyone loves the freedom that comes along with brisk summer days. While you may be enjoying the sun and day trips to the beach the heat, humidity and long journeys can actually be harmful to your vehicle. Few know that vehicles are particularly susceptible to faulty behavior in the summertime particularly in conditions of extreme heat and humidity. Here is a list of the five most common ways a car can be negatively affected in the summer and how Pohanka of Salisbury can help.
- Poor Shocks: You’re bound to run into construction or back roads in your summer travels. An over exposure to these bumpy areas can make your shocks go bad resulting in a less than smooth ride and eventually permanent damage to your vehicle. If you feel your journey continuously getting bumpier schedule an appointment at one of our service departments as soon as possible before any major damage can occur.
- Inflated Tires: Between all your traveling and the extreme temperatures of summer it is important to make sure your tires are properly inflated. If they aren’t your tires can go bald and your chances of getting a flat are much higher. Check out our discounts on getting a brand new set or a tire alignment!
- Battery Problems: The summer time is extremely harsh on your car battery especially in high humidity. Though any car battery should be changed every four years or so high humidity can cause the battery to die much faster without you realizing it. If your lights seem dimmer or your car is taking longer to start than usual have your battery checked or replaced for a low cost.
- Check The Oil: While traveling a lot during the summer the time to have your oil changed may creep up on you. Putting in all those miles takes a lot out of your car and requires proper care and lubricant. We offer discounts and coupons during this time of the year to make sure your journey as safe as possible.
- Overheating Engine: Beware of your engine overheating in the summer months. With the temperatures high your cooling system has to work extra hard to keep up. Be sure to check your fluid levels often and pull over to the side of the road if you see smoke coming from your engine. If you have any questions about your fluid levels or engine trouble give us a call at (410) 749-2301 and our customer service reps would be happy to assist you.
There you have it! If you follow these tips and know what to look for you and your vehicle should be good to go. Feel free to stop in one of our service departments or give us a call for any concerns you may have. Our primary focus at Pohanka of Salisbury is the safety and happiness of all of our customers. Safe travels!